Most people make their good intentions for the next year at new years, I make mine usually in the summervacation. Probably because I have a lot of free time to think about what I want to achieve next year! So here are my 10 good intentions for 2009/2010:
1. Graduate. This is my last year of college! When I'm done I can call myself "bachelor of communications and multimedia design", sounds pretty nice I think. I'm not sure what I want to do after graduation, maybe go to university.
2. Get more design skills. I wish I could make some nice designs with Illustrator and improve my drawing skills. I love to make nice things but at the moment, I don't like anything I make.
3. Keep this blog. Since I was thirteen I make websites (I know, I was a total geek) but I have seriously trouble to keep and update them. I always found ideas for another website so at a moment I had a thousand websites but there wasn't anything written in it!
4. Make a new portfolio. I had to make a portfolio website for my study but I didn't like it at all. So I'm thinking about another one for over a year now but I'm too lazy to do something about it! You can find my portfolio here: http://lisetvanderlaan.nl/ but there is nothing to see right now.
5. Improve my English. As English is not my first language (unfortunatly I'm stuck with an ugly dutch accent) I make a lot of mistakes, expecially writing. So please tell me when you see something because I love to speak and write English correctly!
6. Find a new place to live. I live at a containerhouse. A thousand containers are build into students houses and put all together. I have a thousand students as neighbours what sounds nice but in fact is horrible. There's always some party and you can hear everything your neighbours do. I want a normal place with normal walls and normal neighbours!
7. Some fashion intentions, buy less clothes! I have way too many pieces I only wore once and then put far, far away. I buy a lot of cheap clothes I don't really like that much. I want more quality and less quantity.
8. Learn how to sew. It happends very often that i have a piece in mind but I can't find it in the stores. So I buy something that look similair but I don't like it that much as I had in mind (see intention 7). If I can make it by myself I have something I really like and something really exclusive!
9. Go from blonde to brunette. That's not that hard to do, but I'm a real chicken if it comes to my hair. I don't like it because I have very thin hair but I'm still trying to find the right cut for me!
10. Travel a lot! After the trip through Central Europe, I want to see so much more! Some places on my list are: Stockholm, Göteborg, Kopenhagen, Rome, Sarajevo, Mostar and Athens. My boyfriend and I are probably going to Stockholm this fall, really looking forward to it!
picture from uppercaseyyc
1 day ago